What is a Confined Space?

Any place, including any chamber, tank, vat, silo, pit, trench, pipe, sewer, flue, well, culvert or other similar space which, by virtue of its enclosed nature, there arises a reasonable foreseeable "specified risk".

"Specified Risk"

Serious injury to any person at work arising from a fire or explosion.

Without prejudice to paragraph 'a'
1) the loss of consciousness of any person at work arising from an increase in body temperature;
2) the loss of consciousness or asphyxiation of any person at work

The drowning of any person at work arising from an increase in the level of a liquid; or

The asphyxiation of any person at work arising from a free flowing solid or the inability to reach a respirable environment due to entrapment by a free flowing solid.

Source: Confined space regulation 1997.

How can we help?

At Drain Technology we have qualified and experienced staff who will advise you and carry out the best and safest method to undertake any specific confined space project, whilst meeting all Health and Safety requirements and procedures.

No job is too big or too small. Confined space entry must be carried out by trained experienced operatives whose first priority is the safety of themselves and the people around them, we pride ourselves on pur ZERO accident record.

We recommend that clients who require confined space entry work, contract in professionals to undertake the work. 

Our extensive portfolio ranges from simple manhole access for small patch repairs through to large deep chamber camera surveys and culvert man entry. We have vast knowledge and expertise in various areas of confined space entry and are willing to share our knowledge through site consultations to discuss future possible work plans.

If you require any advice or have a specific project you would like us to price, please feel free to call us and we will be happy to assist you.

Areas we cover

We cover Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, London, Hertfordshire, West Midlands and Bedfordshire.